How to Book Me…
I use a 2-step email process for booking your wedding or vow renewal officiating into my schedule and calendar:
1st, check my availability to officiate by completing the Ceremony Information Form below or by emailing me direct at email@example.com and include as much of the following information as you can at this point in your planning process:
- bride & groom’s names
- date & time of wedding
- location of wedding
- how many guests you expect
- your church background
- please note if it’s a vow renewal or any other additional information you can
- please put Wedding Availability or Vow Renewal Availability in your email subject line.
2nd, I will email you back letting you know if I am either available or unavailable, or if I need more information. If I am unavailable I will offer a referral to another minister.
If I am available and able to officiate your wedding or vow renewal, I will email you back to ask if you would like me to confirm your booking into my schedule. If you respond, Yes confirm my booking, I will use the information you submitted by email to record it into my calendar.
Once I record your information in my calendar, your wedding or vow renewal is booked and I will send an email back to you confirming that.
When I have recorded your information and it is booked, I will let you know by email and the subject line will read: [Date] Booking Confirmation.
Your ceremony is not in my calendar until I have confirmed that it with my email back you that has [Date] Booking Confirmation in the subject line.
• If you are not sure of the exact date or time, just let me know when you email me because I can always check my general availability over a few days or a morning or evening.
• You can email or call me as often as you want or need to in order to work out details on planning.
• I ask if you have any church background just so I know your frame of reference on wedding ceremonies, not because it will win you any brownie points for getting in my schedule.
• No deposit is required or needed to book my officiating services. I only ask that if your plans change you drop me an email let me know. You can pay the base fee at the time of the ceremony when take care of the marriage license.
• If several hours or a day goes by and you haven’t heard from me, please contact me again. If you haven’t heard back from me, especially if you use a Yahoo or AOL for your email, please check your email client’s Spam Folder to be certain that my reply email is not there. I use firstname.lastname@example.org as my email and sometimes Gmail and Yahoo and other email clients like to mark each other as spam.
• By inquiring and booking my officiating services you acknowledge my church’s Wedding Officiating Policy Statement that subjects my officiating to church Bylaws and only for one-male and one-female marriage/vow renewal evangelical Christian ceremonies.
• On the rare occasion that an emergency or scheduling conflict prevents me from actually officiating (it has happened 3 times out of 4000+ bookings), I will try to arrange for another minister to be available and then notify you as soon as possible and as far in advance as I am able.
• When sever weather like tropical storms or hurricanes are forecast I aim to be flexible to officiate either earlier or later than booked. In serious weather warnings along the coast, lodging is usually proactive in notifying of cancellations or accommodating couples who planned on an outdoor beach ceremony.