Finding a church that actually teaches the Bible, not just teaching about the Bible or talks about the Bible, is becoming harder to find in locations across our country.
There are churches with talented bands, outstanding kid programs, preachers with an entertaining oratory wit, but that doesn’t necessary equate to being a biblical church.
There is a famine for the deep meaningful teaching of the Word of God that builds hope in the storms of life. The prophet Amos said “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord God, “when I will send a famine on the land— not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord” (Amos 8:11 ESV).
So, if you are looking for a biblical church in your community, where the Bible is preached and taught as the authoritative truth, here are some tips…
• Pray that God’s Spirit will lead you in finding fellowship with other Bible believing Christians.
• Seek a church that teaches through the Bible.
• Check out the Calvary Chapel Church Locator page at www.calvarychapel.com.
• Check out the Calvary Chapel Church Locator page at www.calvarycca.org.
• I would encourage you to visit https://calvarychapel.
• If there are no Calvary Chapel church options in your area, you may find a Southern Baptist church that is biblical or if you visit the Dallas Theological Seminary “Find a Church” page and you’ll find ministers who are graduates of that biblical institution.
• Of course one option could be to start a house church or meet at any location for simple worship and Bible study until God provides a pastor or raises one up from among you to pastoral care ministry. If you are open to considering this option I am happy to talk to your further and help you proceed in this process. You may also wish to check out my posts on this topic at my blog in the Simpler Church category.
On a final note, don’t stay isolated if you can’t find a biblical church near you. If there is a church too far to travel to weekly, try traveling to it at least monthly.
Also, make use of YouTube and have some type of daily devotional reading in God’s Word. You are always welcome to stay connected with us at CrossHope Chapel, follow our pastor’s Daily Promise One-Minute Devotionals by email, and Pastor Steve Durkac is available to answer any questions, too.
If you have any questions, please ask!