No…unless you need to record the ceremony for some special reason that requires a direct microphone. However, here are a few things to consider…
- A mic on the beach will pick up the blowing wind – every DJ along the beach will do their best to place to mic in some way as to prevent wind sound, but unless it is still, it is there.
- I am trained in voice projection – and clarity, I might add – so your guest will hear, unless the wind is very severe.
- If your ceremony is inside, it is all the more easier to project, but do check with your DJ for his opinion on the acoustics.
- When I am mic’d I have to watch what I say, and that means that I usually won’t share my humorous commentaries with the bride and groom.
- A video camera close to the ceremony – where the bride and groom and I are standing – is usually good for picking up sounds and the words spoken.