The political issue of bathrooms and gender identity is far more than meets the eye. Individuals who are crying foul on laws that protect American citizens from predators and perverts seem to be advertising their absence of biblical morals, common sense, and is playing into the plans of Satan’s attack on God’s creation of distinction between male and female.
Satan hates the image of God and the Lord’s creation of marriage and families. The devil is like a roaring lion doing all in his evil ways to usurp humanity, institutions, and governments to do his bidding’s against the character and creation of God.
Here are a few things I want to bullet for you as together we learn to respond biblically to the culture war in our country…
• The issue is not those who deal with biological transgenderism. Some are born with both male and female genders, and unless they elect for surgical correction they choose a primary identity and when bathroom needs arise none are aware.
• The issue in our culture is “gender identity” meaning how one feels or what gender he or she chooses to identify with, and that means any 60 year old burly male pervert can walk into a women bathroom and disrupt a child’s privacy and potentially their innocence.
• These are the last days and it is no wonder that leaders are losing their minds to the lies and influence of demons. Here are a few Bible verses to consider on this: 1 Peter 5:8; 2 Timothy 3:1-5; John 8:44.
• Confusion about our gender is not from God, because the Bible says “For God is not a God of confusion but of peace” 1 Corinthians 14:33 (ESV).
• The time is now to fortify your heart and mind with the promises of God’s word to keep your eyes fixed on the Lord and to resist rehearsing the confusion (and curling up in a fetal position behind locked doors) so find yourself a word of promise and meditate on it regularly.
• Take heart in the Lord and know that He is with you and will not forsake you. Read and find comfort from Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 27:1; John 16:33.
• Ephesians 6:10-13 reminds us that in the midst of this spiritual warfare we can pray and stand and repeat often: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm” (ESV).