This site is where I write on topics of bereavement, biblical faith, and my daily email devotional which you can subscribe to at the Daily Devotional page. This free devotional is called Hope thru Scripture, it takes less than one-minute to read, and will take you on a journey through 365 selected Bible promises in chronological order from Genesis to Revelation with my brief textual insight, pastoral encouragement, and prayer application.
Bible Study Helps
At the Bible Study Helps page you’ll find some tools to digger deeper in God’s Word, like my Topical Verse Finder, a collection of 389 topics with related Bible verses, my 7-lesson Bible Study Guides, an online study Guide to Biblical Prayer, a look at the gospel at Good News, Bad News, and my Revelation Study Notes.
Dying and Grieving: What Loved Ones Can Expect is a 39-page small softcover book is written to help families and friends dealing with end-of-life spiritual issues, healthcare choices, and guidance in navigating a journey of grief. It is easy to read, understand, and simple in explaining what to expect when facing medical decisions, understanding life-saving options, and encouragement for spiritual support. Visit the Books page for more information.
All of my 375+ blog posts are available at the Pastoral Posts page, where they can be searched by topical categories or by most recent posts in chronological order. Below are some highlighted popular posts…
- When Your World Shatters will help you make spiritual sense of your why questions when tragedy strikes your life.
- When Someone is Dying will help you know what to expect as your loved one approaches the end of their life.
- CPR, DNR, and Letting Go is a post where I explain some end-of-life decisions with a consideration of a spiritual perspective.
- Hope Beyond Their Death is a post that offers the biblical perspective of grieving and going forward with Heaven in mind.
- Hospital Etiquette for Pastors where I address seven points of etiquette and guiding principles when it comes to visiting a parishioner in the hospital.
- Physician’s Guide to Death Notification where I address a three point process to make this difficult task easier.
- Scripture for Hospital Visitation is where I offer Bible verses that are good for sharing with patients and families.
- Objectives & Strategies for Grieving is a good resource for making the journey of grief effective and more bearable.
- The Millennium: A Sequence of Events is a quick overview of what the Bible mentions as happening at the beginning, during, and end.
- Our Blessed Hope shares biblical reason to find spiritual strength in the hope that we have in Jesus’second coming.